Sorry but I didn’t translate this post in Italian and German because I think it has to be in English.
I’m so thrilled to let you know that the lovely Federica nominated me a few days ago for the Blogger Recognition Award.
If you’re not familiar with this Award here’re the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 5 other bloggers you want to give this award to and comment on each blog to let them know with a link of your blog post
THANK YOU FEDERICA
As already mentioned above I was nominated by Federica from https://federicasdreams.wordpress.com. Federica is a young Italian woman who recently graduated (Doctor in Communication Science) and she was the first person who left a comment on my blog. I’ll never forget that. If you don’t know Federica please go to her blog and discover her world. She writes about Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, Food, Travel and Wellbeing.
Federica, thank you so much for this nomination. Grazie mille Federica.
I published my first blog post on August 14, 2017 but I started planning my blog in January 2017. I did lots of researches on the internet to get accustomed to this blogging world and find out how it works. Everything was new for me I can really say I started from scratch. No idea about photography. Depth of Field, Shutter Speed and ISO were words that I’d never heard before but I was willing to learn as much as I could. Another very important decision to make was in which language should I write? This was a tough task and after having spent I don’t know how many hours thinking about it I choose to write in three languages, which of course means triple the work. Am I workaholic, crazy or what do you think? Sometimes I truly ask myself if you can understand my English because I only learnt it at school and I’ve never been to an English speaking country before. My passion for Beauty started in 1993 when QVC UK launched their Channel. I was glued in front of the TV and I absolutely enjoyed watching Alison Young speaking about the products. It was something I wanted to do myself but I never worked in the Beauty or Fashion Industry. 24 years later, I decided to turn my dream into reality and start my own blog so that I can write about all the products I use and have used in the past.
MY ADVICE TO THE NEW BLOGGERS
- BE HONEST. For me the most important thing and I can just never say it enough is to always be honest. There is no point in lying to others and to yourself. I’ll never review a product that doesn’t suit my skin type even If I get paid. I’ve oily combination skin and why should I wax lyrical about a product for dry skin? Everybody will immediately know that it can’t be possible no way that I can adore that product. On the other hand if I use a product for my skin type and on me it doesn’t perform well than of course I’ll tell you that as I’ve already done a few times before. I’ll always give you my honest opinion because this is the only way that we can trust each other. Keep in mind; No trust no followers and no reason to blog.
- DON’T EXPECT MIRACLES. Should you ever become famous it certainly won’t happen overnight. Blogging isn’t easy and has nothing to do with luck but only with hard work. Try to be consistent with publishing new posts according to your lifestyle. I know it’s time consuming especially if you’ve a full time job and a family. Never set your goals too high that it almost becomes impossible because this will only lead to frustration and nothing else. We already live in a stressful world and therefore no need to increase your stress level. Blogging should be fun and not a competition against yourself.
MY 5 NOMINEES in alphabetical order:
Thank you very much for reading my post and of course a special grazie to Federica.
Have a great time.
PS: Please bear in mind that there is absolutely no obligation whatsoever in accepting my nomination. If you’re one of the 5 above nominated bloggers but you would rather not participate, you can simply ignore my nomination.